Thursday, May 26, 2011

Average Update

I've found that writing in Italics makes everything look a tad bit more elegant (i.e. something that I lack). PERHAPS BY TAKING IT A STEP FURTHER AND WRITING IN CAPITAL LETTERS and ITALICS, I'LL BE ABLE TO BREAK THE ELEGANCE BARRIER AND DRINK TEE WITH QUEEN ELIZABETH ON HER ROBOTIC TYRANNOSAURUS REX, WHILE DISCUSSING THE BENEFICIAL EFFECTS OF A DEMOCRATIC OR AUTOCRATIC COMMUNE. Or maybe you've realized what a waste of time reading that into really was. Regardless, it is 27th day of the fifth month, of the 11th year of the 21st century. And NOT A LOT has happened since my last post. You know, fornicating future cyborg diplomats aside, that is. But the release of a video game (they're kind of a big deal around these parts) known as L.A. Noire, along with the release of Portal 2 earlier this year, has given me something that I thought I'd never see from this industry: change. I often refer to my earlier posts when I talk about video games. In this case, I'm talking about when I said that the Call of Duty/Madden formula will be the downfall of video games. I'd like to think that my post influenced the decisions of developers across the worlds. Some might question the possibility of influencing a project that was in development years before you knew how to create an AIM account. For lack of a better word, I would say time-travel. But on to my point. L.A. Noire is the most unique experience I've encountered since A Clockwork Orange, the game has you ascend the ranks of San Francisco law enforcement.




Peek-a-boo..Oh sweet Mercy!


 You play as Cole Phelps, a WWII hero awarded with the Silver Star who wants to continue his service to society. As the altruistic Phelps, you can gather clues, interrogate witnesses and suspects, drive through the streets of L.A. and chase down and shoot would-be criminals. The part that gets me, though, is the fact that I actually obey traffic laws, speed limits, and naturalistic advance. What these two games have done for the greater good of the video game industry is opened up a realm of opportunities for unique experiences, while also maintaining the very basic rule of a video game, making it fun...

No comments:

Post a Comment